BECOME A MEMBER
Thank you for making a difference.
PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation. This group of individuals includes not only parents and teachers but school administrators, grandparents, aunts, uncles and anyone who has an interest in the education and future of our children. The number one reason to join Florham Park PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. Here are just a few of the many benefits your membership will provide YOU and our school:
- Get Connected - There's no better way to know what is happening at your school.
- Discover Great Resources - The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Networking - Parenting is not easy! It helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing ideas on your mind.
- Personal Enrichment - By volunteering through PTA, you gain valuable experiences. lt's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause-your child and all children in the community.
- Share Ideas - Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions.
- Be Part of School Improvement - By getting involved at your child's school, you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Florham Park PTA plays an important role in fundraising to provide school improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events, which are all vital to our school's success.
- Be a Role Model - By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Have Voting Privileges - As a card carrying member you will be able to attend the general meetings and vote on issues that affect our school and your child.
More than 30 years of research has proven that children do better when their parents are involved both at home and at school. Grades are higher. Test scores rise. Self-esteem grows. Schools improve.
Today more than ever, schools are challenged to provide every child with the best education. Budgets are tight while government requirements are growing. Schools are challenged to do more with less. PTA relies on membership dues along with income from fundraisers to support the programs we do throughout the year for the children and teachers of Florham Park.
How to Become a PTA Member
- Membership enrollment will be available on My Food days on September 24th during second session ordering
- You may also enroll at back to school night or by sending a check directly to your homeroom teacher. Please label the envelope PTA Membership.
- If you like to mail in your membership, please follow the instruction below